Thursday, June 5, 2008

Resi's Bierstube


After the game at Wrigley, the boys and I stopped by a German beer hall that I had found recommended on Beer Advocate and CitySearch. I can't say enough about this place, it was just amazing. The weather was wonderful, about 74 degrees, the food was amazing, the beers were big and refreshing, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself more on a night out with the guys.


As I said, the food was awesome. This was the pork chop my father ordered. More like a ham steak. Hank got the blood and liver sausages (above and to the right of the pork chop) but they were a little much for him. Tim had the schnitzel, while Larry and I had some amazing bratwursts--probably the best I've ever had. Larry also ordered some potato pancakes; sorry Sam, but these were better than anything you and I'll ever make. The food comes out of a kitchen that's no bigger than a half-kitchen in a Manhattan apartment and the two cooks working in it never stop. I came across one of the two cooks in the bathroom and, after seeing he washed his hands, told him the food was delicious. In heavily-accented English, he told me it might be delicious, but two people weren't enough to cook for all the people eating!


And the beer kept on flowing. They featured about 12 beers on tap and another 12 or so in the bottle. It was eight hours well spent.

Cheers to you, hoping to make another visit soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know the cooks washed their hands. It definitely was a blast! My jager snitzel went down well as did the Konig Pils. Great party.